Blogger Templates

Thursday 8 September 2011

'Claire's Wish' Back to 20 - Please Read!!

Doing my usual nosey rounds and reading up on the Internet, as I do, I came across one of the most heart wrenching stories I think I have come across this year! So heart wrenching in fact I really don't know how to put my thoughts into words and those words into a blog post. It just seems impossible so I though I would let Claire's Wish Blog do the talking for me.

This young women lost her life to Cervical cancer aged just 23 leaving behind two very young Children. Here in the UK the age they begin to do routine smears is currently 25 however more and more young women under this minimum age threshold are suffering illness and or losing their lives to Cervical Cancer!

I am simply going to ask you to sign Claire's Wish petition to have the age for cervical smear tests put back down to 20. All you have to do is fill in your name and email and that's it. There is an option to leave a comment if you wish! Sorry this is short and sweet but I think Claire's Blog does all the talking it needs. Please read it and sign the petition. Its such a small amount of your time and you could save someones life. I'm 23 next year. And I will be doing everything I can to get as many people to sign this petition as possible. Please share the link to the petition on your facebook pages. Tweet and Google+1 this post and the petition wherever possible!

Although I have personal family reasons for wanting to run in the Race for Life next year, this story has made me ever more determined!!

7 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking, I've signed it and shared, will share this link too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill. Thanks so much. The more signitures we can get the better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll head over and do it now - well done for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much! The more signitures the better!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signed. So very, very sad! Her poor family - especially her daughters. I will share too. Perhaps you could start a meme and people could post this as a guest post on their own blogs to get the word out? I'd happily post this exact post on my blog as a guest post by you if you'd like me to :) xx (My blog is Loved By Lexi) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you know how to do that hun then go ahead. I dont know how to start a meme? The more its posted the more signitures they'll get! x

    ReplyDelete